Thursday, January 6, 2011

101 in 2011

I have this friend, Kelly, and among her many talents, she blogs. I read her blog. I read several of the blogs she reads. I, as she would say, "blog stalk." Last year, she convinced me to start a blog...I set it up, loaded a picture, and wrote one post.

One, lonely post.

I forgot the password for the e-mail account I set up to access the blog. Oops!

I probably started the page as some kind of New Year's Resolution...and I posted once. There was no accountability. Nothing concrete to keep me on task...so, this year, I'm going to blog with a twist.

This blog is part of my 101 in 2011. Here are 101 things that I would like to accomplish in 2011 (you'll soon learn that I'm a list maker...this is right up my alley). It's a take-off on the Day Zero Project where people pledge to do 101 things in 1001 days (approximately 2.75 years). I didn't want to do this as a day zero project, because I know there are a chunk of things that I'll be able to accomplish this summer (#s 12, 18, 23, 25, 45, 46, 47,70, 81, 86, 92, and 100) when my husband and I go back East for a stretch of time.

I figure if there are 101 things on my list and 52 weeks in a year, I have to actively work on at least 2 things per week for the year. And since several of them are on-going, I think this will be easy to do.

You'll notice that #16 is start a blog. Accomplished, 1/5/11! #17 is to blog about meeting each of my 101 goals.

So, this is not only accomplishing #16, but helping me to get started on #17.

So, here is my list:

1.       Wear mascara every day.
2.       Fit into MY wedding band.
3.       Get weight down to 170lbs.
4.       Fit into/buy a pair of knee high black zip up boots.
5.       Fit into pre-pregnancy pants again.
6.       Read at least 12 novels – 1 a month.
7.       Read at least 3 non-fiction pieces.
8.       Read at least 1 article in Time magazine each week.
9.       See/watch 12 movies – at least 1 a month.
10.   See all of the best picture nominees from the 2011 Oscars.
11.   Paint the fence.
12.   Visit Disneyland.
13.   Visit 4 new places/cities in California.
14.   Have the 2nd (bi)annual Lapierre cook-off.
15.   Create a Blurb photo album for Mairead’s first year.
16.   Start a blog.
17.   Blog about meeting each of my 101 goals.
18.   Take M camping for the 1st time.
19.   Put up Christmas lights on the outside of the house.
20.   Write a will.
21.   Start Mommy & Me dance classes with M.
22.   Go to a Ducks hockey game.
23.   Go on a picnic.
24.   Visit the Wild Animal Park.
25.   Take Miss M to the Providence Children’s Museum.
26.   Knit a scarf.
27.   Write to Mairead in her journal at least once a week.
28.   Visit Idlewyll.
29.   Take M to see snow for the first time.
30.   Give up facebook for a month (Lent)?
31.   Go back to church. Attend mass at the same church every Sunday for at least 4 weeks.
32.   Play softball with the Mixed Nuts again.
33.   Visit the batting cages!
34.   Organize recipe folder – computerize files or put into easy to access binder.
35.   Back up material on home computer.
36.   Randomly pay for someone behind me in a drive through line.
37.   Create advent calendar for M.
38.   Go ice skating.
39.   Take M to see the Nutcracker.
40.   Get a Brazilian bikini wax.
41.   Enjoy a day at the spa.
42.   Start M’s hope chest.
43.   Write a letter to M on her 1st birthday that she will read on her 18th.
44.   Take M to the duck pond in Temecula.
45.   Take M to RI.
46.   Visit the URI campus with Miss M.
47.   Visit the Brown campus with Miss M.
48.   Send Joe a care package when he starts basic training.
49.   Find someone to make a quilt of some of M’s baby clothes.
50.   Take M north to visit Auntie M and Uncle D.Mo.
51.   Drive the PCH from San Diego to San Francisco.
52.   Find good, trustworthy local teenage babysitter who M likes.
53.   Have dinner out with Jon sans M one night for no reason (can’t be Valentine’s Day or anniversary – just because).
54.   Develop a menu of 45 staple dishes.
55.   Update window treatments in dining room.
56.   Update window treatments in master bedroom.
57.   Go apple picking.
58.   Go to pumpkin patch.
59.   Whale watch!
60.   Go for a hike.
61.   Climb a mountain.
62.   Memorize a poem.
63.   Bake a cake from scratch.
64.   Go 1 full day with no technology – no phone, cell, computer or TV.
65.   Go 1 full week with no technology – no phone, cell, computer or TV.
66.   Go 1 week with no caffeine.
67.   Fly a kite.
68.   Make a swear jar - .25 cents per curse. All the money goes into M’s bank account.
69.   Go 6 weeks without so much as a sip of alcohol.
70.   Take M to Fenway for her first professional baseball game.
71.   Walk in a 5K for charity.
72.   Run a mile.
73.   Fix tattoo on ankle/get M inspired tattoo.
74.   Learn the alphabet in sign language.
75.   Yard sale.
76.   Yoga class – take for 6 weeks; class must meet at least once a week.
77.   Visit the San Diego, LA or Orange County fair.
78.   Go to the avocado festival (while there, try avocado ice cream).
79.   Go sailing.
80.   Leave a 100% tip to a deserving server.
81.   Go to a drive in theatre.
82.   Make homemade marshmallows.
83.   Make Mondays meatless.
84.   Go vegetarian for 1 week.
85.   Go vegetarian for 1 month.
86.   When in RI, take M to visit Grandma’s grave.
87.   Stop drinking soda for 1 week.
88.   Stop drinking soda for 1 month.
89.   Stop using plastic shopping bags. Bring my own bag everywhere.
90.   Take M to Chuck E Cheese for 1st time.
91.   Grow my own tomatoes.
92.   See an outdoors summer Shakespeare show.
93.   Take a family portrait with all three of us.
94.   Wear my retainer for 32 days in a row.
95.   Buy a new lens for the camera.
96.   Complete a photography project from sh1ft.org – either 26 things or a day in the life.
97.   Go to alumni event for SU or Brown here in Southern CA.
98.   Become an active alumni of Pi Phi – reinstate membership.
99.   Add $5 to savings account for every goal accomplished.
100.  Take M swimming in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
101.   Walk the dogs at least 1x a week.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought....can you change it to 102 in 2011 and bring that beautiful family of yours to visit in NY???? I'd love to see you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete